I thought some of you might be interested in this writing contest. The contest has categories for fiction, non-fiction, poetry etc. As well blogging, web content writing and journalism.
Welcome to the National Federation of Press Women's National Communications Contest
The NFPW Contest is two-tiered
The NFPW Communications Contest is a two-tiered competition open to anyone over the age of 18 regardless of age, gender, professional status or location. Contestants in the collegiate division do not need to be 18 years of age.
The first tier of the contest is run at the state level. Entrants in states without an affiliate-level contest and international entrants are welcome to enter the At-Large contest. When entries warrant, the at-large section of the contest may be split into regions to create a more level playing field. (See list of state and at-large contest directors below.)
The second tier is a national competition. First-place winners from the state-level contest and the at-large contests are then advanced to the national level of judging. To be eligible to compete at the national level, the entrant must be a member in good standing with the National Federation of Press Women. Entrants can join NFPW once they learn of their winning status.
Who We Are
The National Federation of Press Women is a dynamic nationwide organization of professional women and men pursuing careers across the communications spectrum.
Membership in NFPW is a solid investment in your career, providing opportunities to develop your professional skills, receive recognition for your work, network with peers, protect the First Amendment, and nurture the next generation of communicators. For more information on joining the NFPW, please CLICK HERE.
1. Read through the categories and descriptions to decide which category you would like to enter.
2. Read the rules for entry under the rules tab.
3. Register using the purple tab in the top right corner of this page.
- If you already have registered, log in using your user name and password. If you wish to register as a member, your membership dues must be paid before you register. Please contact NFPW for membership information.
4. Add your entries
- Once you register, you will see "Add Entry" and "View/Edit Entry and Pay" tabs in the top navigation bar. Use the "Add Entry" tab to add each entry. If you are entering multiple catagories, an "Add Entry" form must be filled out for each submission.
- Fill out the information required in each tab of the entry form.
- Please submit all entries before paying. This will allow multiple-entry discounts to be applied.
- Once you have completed an entry form for each of your entries, go to the "View/Edit and Pay" tab. Check to see that the word "completed" is listed in each of your entries. If you see "Incomplete," click on the word and it will let you know what you are missing. Use the yellow pencil to edit your entries and try again.
- If you are having trouble getting an entry submitted, please contact us for a little guidance.·
- Once you have paid for your entries, you should see a "submit" button come up for your entries.
- Click submit and you are all set. Check to see that your status has changed from "completed" to "accepted." If you have paid and do not see this status change, please contact us for help.
|Connecticut||Uco Jillert Weirsmafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|New Mexico||Carolyn Carlsonemail@example.com|
|North Dakota||Kayley Erlandsonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|South Carolina||Karen Rhodesemail@example.com|
|South Dakota||Susan Smith||Susan.Smith@sdstate.edu|