Tuesday 28 November 2017

Cleckheaton Writers Group minutes 27 November 2017

Cleckheaton Writers Group took place last night at Cleckheaton Library where Alice, myself, Kathy and Andy were in attendance, Mandy, Pauline, Neil and Arline having passed on their apologies.

The minutes from the last meeting were passed and then we discussed WIP updates.  I have been working on my crime WIP for NaNoWriMo and am currently on target.  I have also written some short pieces as part of the creative writing workshop I have been attending and have sent three chapters and a synopsis of my novel to agent Charlie Campbell having had it requested during a pitch session at the Manchester Creative Writing Graduate Fair.  Alice has written a short story and some poems.  She has also been attending the creative writing workshops.  Kathy has been editing her Private letter story that she shared for feedback at the last meeting. 

For the feedback sessions I shared some of my current WIP with the group to see if the three scenes worked together.  It is towards the end of the novel and I wanted to be sure that everything was tying together well without confusing the reader.  There were a couple of editing points and the piece led to a discussion about how I am planning to end the novel as I am in the last stages of the story.  Alice shared her library themed short story which was well received and apart from a couple of suggestions, will make an excellent flash fiction to send out.  She will also be reading it out at the open mic event at Brighouse Library on Friday 8 December 10.30am-12.30pm which is free to attend, everyone welcome.  I will also be reading some of my work out an Kathy said she would attend to support us but would not be joining in the open mic.

There was not time for a writing challenge.  The next meeting, which will be the last one of the year, will be on Monday 11 December 5.30-7pm an the first meeting of the New Year will be Monday 8 January 2018. 

No comments:

Post a Comment