Tuesday 18 September 2018

London Writers' Club change of speaker for event tonight, Adam House, London 6.30-8.30pm

Katie Greenstreet will now be speaking at the London Writers' Club event tonight:




Change of speaker for tonight's event



Hi all - due to unforeseen circumstances, our speaker for tonight's event has had to reschedule. In his place we have the wonderful Katie Greenstreet of C & W Agency (previously called Conville and Walsh). 

Katie says:

My taste ranges from literary fiction to YA crossover, but upmarket commercial writing is what I'm most interested in reading right now. While I have a soft spot for my roots and books set in the American South, I'm particularly keen to read stories that transport me somewhere new, whether real or imagined. I read widely and am open to anything with writing that grips me, but I do love fiction about food and families, thrillers with complicated characters and a unique hook, campus novels, historical fiction starring strong women, quirky coming of age stories, and literary works that reveal a darker side of human nature. My favourite non-fiction explores an author's obsessions (think Cork Dork or Animal, Vegetable, Miracle), but I'm also after quality investigative journalism, and memoirs that read like novels.

Recent titles that I've loved include A Little Life, Americanah, Do Not Become Alarmed, Station Eleven, Eleanor and Park, Sweetbitter, Rules of Civility, Where'd You Go Bernadette, and The Art of Fielding. More classic favourites include The Kite Runner, His Dark Materials, Pillars of the Earth, The Glass Castle, and The Time Traveller's Wife. I love everything by Jeffrey Eugenides, Carson McCullers, Wally Lamb, Curtis Sittenfeld, and Dave Eggers.

I am committed to working with authors editorially, and I am happy to hear from writers who are new to the publishing world and looking for guidance.


Thank you for your understanding on this last minute switch in speaker and we hope you will all still join us!

Members come for free - and tickets are £15 in advance.

undefined

Where: Adam House, 7-10 Adam Street, London WC2N 6AA

Time: 6.30-8.30 (speaker on at 6.45pm) on 18 September







Bookseller discount for members
50% discount for LWC members

The Bookseller
is the industry magazine - giving insights into editors, agents, deals made and publishing trends. We have negotiated a 50% discount for LWC members (a discount worth £75). If you are a member already and would like the code, email us - or if you'd like to take advantage of this offer, join the club.



Contact



Stay Connected

  Follow us on Twitter


London Writers' Club, St Marks Road, Teddington, Middlesex Tw11 9DE  England



No comments:

Post a Comment