Saturday 20 January 2024

Keeping your Reader Hooked Zoom with Amanda Saint, 10.30am 21 January 2024

 A Retreat West workshop:

Last chance for tomorrow's Zoom workshop!

Join me to keep your readers turning the page

Keeping Your Reader Hooked

Sun 21 Jan 2024 / 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM GMT

Zoom

In this 2-hour workshop you'll look at ways you can set your novel up to reel the reader in from the very first page and make sure that they never want to put your book down. You'll get tools and tips for creating narrative drive, getting the pace right and making sure your story has tension, mystery and delivers what you want, when you want.

Everyone who has a ticket will also be sent the recording afterwards to download and watch again.

Workshop Host - Me!

I started Retreat West in 2012 and launched Retreat West Books in 2017 (Winner: Most Innovative Publisher 2020 Saboteur Awards), which published 24 books between 2018 and 2023. I’ve been designing and teaching online courses, and live workshops, for many years and has worked as an editor on hundreds of manuscripts.

I’m the author of two novels, As If I Were A River (2016), which was longlisted for the Guardian Not The Booker Prize, a NetGalley Top 10 Book of the Month and a Book Magnet Blog Top 20 Book of 2016; and Remember Tomorrow (2019 ). My novella-in-flash, Pressure Drop, is publishing this year, I have almost finished a flash fiction collection and I’m now working on my third novel. I write The Mindful Writer and Storytelling with the Tao Te Ching. My stories have been widely published; long/shortlisted in the Mslexia Flash Fiction Competition, Fish Flash Fiction Prize, Ink Tears Short Story Prize, Cranked Anvil Short Story Competition, Flash 500 and V300; nominated for Best Small Fictions 2023; and won the Editor’s Choice Prize at 101 Words.

I hope to see you there!

With love,


I have lots more workshops and courses coming up over the next few months if you’d like to join me to develop your craft.

My upcoming workshops and courses

© 2024 Amanda Saint
Apt 3735, Chynoweth House, Trevissome Park
Truro, TR4 8UN, UK



No comments:

Post a Comment