Sunday 20 November 2011

CLECKHEATON CHRISTMAS LIGHTS SWITCH-ON

The whole family attended the switch-on yesterday and my son was singing with West End Middle School Choir and my daughter was one of Santa's little helpers.  It was very well attended (looked to be about 2k people) and it was a fantastic event as car access to the town was prohibited.  There were fairground activities, Christmas stalls, entertainment (including many bands, 'Mr Agadoo who had flown in from Benidorm' and the local vicar) and of course, Santa's Grotto.  It was so lovely to be able to see and hear both my children this year, as we have been to many over the years and my children have always been involved, but neither of them were very easy to see/hear because of the crowds.  This year I could see Georgiana at the grotto, on the float in the parade waving to the crowds and on stage as Santa switched on the lights.  Also, my son was singing at the front of the stage as part of the WEMS choir segment, so I could see and hear him (when the too-loud organ/lack of microphone problems were sorted out) and I don't think I have ever been so proud or smiled so hard.  I think they are both very brave to have been on stage with that many people listening and looking up at them.  It was exceptionally good and it really didn't matter that Andy Booth (goalkeeper of Huddersfield Town) never turned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment