Friday 11 November 2011

POEM

I realise I have not posted any of my writing for a few posts, so I thought I would share a poem I recently got accepted to an anthology coming out shortly.  I hope you enjoy it:


STASIS

Endlessly waiting whilst time is in stasis
     Clock ticking its way to the end
Expanding forever instead of contracting
     Keeping us prisoner within
Learning is tested and memories pilfered
     Giving up secrets like gold
Teams united as one in their suffering
     Silent in measured rows
Bailing out is no longer an option
     Pens scratching out words with relief
Communication eclipsed by rigid convention
     Watched by minute degrees
Psychoanalysis mixed with instinct
     Have them labelled before they begin
Instructions imparted roundly ignored
     Thinking it only happens to him
Oscillating constantly around the room
     Eyes a beam from a lighthouse of truth
Vigilant robots scanning for errors
     In judgement with consequence high
Frustration with matching regret grows tall
     Whilst proud roots wither and die
Fabrications that will follow eternally
     Shifting sands beneath your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment