Wednesday 2 November 2011

NaNoWriMo

Well, I officially started this challenge yesterday.  For those of you who don't know what this is, it is a yearly challenge to write a novel in month with a target word count of 50,000.  This sounds like it is impossible I know, but I have set myself a personal target of 30,000 words.  Although I started working on my novel early and have got to 10,819 words already, because I have quite a lot of work this month (was there already today), I am inputting my chapters one at a time to make up for the days I miss, so I am officially at 3,966 words as of today (my first two chapters).  I am also trying to write my romance and my crime novels together (the reason for this is threefold - 1. I have entered my joint novel into the McKitterick Prize 2012 and it needs to be ready by March, 2.  I am still not 100% sure whether the crime/romance elements will work well together and may be separating them into two different novels and 3.  This will move both novels on quite considerably to a draft stage ready for some heavy editing in December and will give me until March 2012 to get my joint novel ready for if I am successful with the McKitterick Prize (here's hoping).  Will keep you all updated how I get on throughout the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment