Sunday 17 June 2018

London Writers' Club event 19 June 2018

With details of the meet the agent event this Tuesday:




June's LWC event with agent Ella Berthoud of the Jo Unwin Literary  Agency
When:
June 19 6.30-8.30pm (speaker on at 6.45pm, followed by Q&A and networking)
Speaker: 
Ella Berthoud of the Jo Unwin Literary Agency
Where:
Adam House, 7-10 Adam Street, London WC2N 6AA


Members come for free but do let us know if you'd like us to reserve a place here. 

Non-members - tickets £15 in advance, £20 on the door. 

undefined

 Ella says:

I learnt to read on a journey from Tehran to Helsinki, when I was glued to books through avalanches, fields of cotton and across frozen seas. Since then, no-one's ever caught me without a book in hand - and if not in hand, then being drip-fed through my headphones. Brilliant storytelling is what I love most in the world, and I'm looking for literary fiction that keeps me turning the pages unstoppably. Something of a literary omnivore, I love all genres from historical to children's and young adult fiction (be it dystopian, speculative, or plain-old utopian).

I'm open to any submission with a strong narrative voice and a clear storytelling thread. Some of my all-time favourite writers are Tom Robbins, (Even Cowgirls get the Blues), Italo Calvino (Cosmicomics) and VS Naipaul (A House for Mr Biswas). In contemporary fiction, I love Ali Smith, Patrick Gale and Michel Faber. I'm looking for books that take me places I've never been before - whether it's a love story set in World War I or a techno-crime thriller set in a teen's bedroom in modern-day California - as long as it's grabbing, brilliantly-written, and gets right inside my head.

Join us to find out more on Tuesday, 19 June. 

Bookseller discount for members
50% discount for LWC members

The Bookseller is the industry magazine - giving insights into editors, agents, deals made and publishing trends. We have negotiated a 50% discount for LWC members (a discount worth £75). If you are a member already and would like the code, email us - or if you'd like to take advantage of this offer, join the club. Information here. 



Contact



Stay Connected

  Follow us on Twitter


London Writers' Club, St Marks Road, Teddington, Middlesex Tw11 9DE  England



No comments:

Post a Comment