Monday 27 July 2015

Cleckheaton Writers Group minutes

The Cleckheaton Writers Group took place tonight with A, P and myself in attendance, N and M having passed on their apologies.

The minutes of the last meeting were agreed and for Work In Progress updates, I informed the group that I had been editing some of my work, submitting to competitions and pitching to the Dragon's Pen at The Theakstons Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival (TOPCRIME).  A has been writing, including a new screenplay idea which he outlined in detail to the group.  P has been working on editing S's novel.

We then discussed tenses in novels and how much difference it can make to a novel when switching.

I then outlined the workshops I attended at TOPCRIME, including for TV and Radio (review blog posts will be upcoming) which led on to a discussion about drama versus reality TV.

The next meeting will take place in a fortnight, same time and place.

No comments:

Post a Comment