Sunday 24 March 2024

Important notice

Unfortunately my LinkedIn account was hacked whilst I was on holiday so please do not accept any friend requests or anything else from that profile/account as it is not me. I have asked LinkedIn to freeze/close my account and there should no longer be an account in my name.

As LinkedIn allowed access to my account from someone with such a laughably obvious hacker email address, and then won't let me get back into my account unless I send them a copy of my passport or other photographic proof that it is me (now they close the barn door...and as if I will be trusting them with that when they allowed this to happen) then I suggest you either change all your passwords right now to something mega-hard to hack or close/delete your accounts too as, as has happened with me, they can use the hacking of this account to then hack other systems.

If you come across anything that is even vaguely suspicious, purportedly from myself on LinkedIn, please delete it. Do not click links or share any information. You can report it to LinkedIn or any other service provider to please make sure no-one else has to go through this.

Thank you.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment