Tuesday 10 November 2015

London Writers' Club Live event with Agent Carrie Plitt of Conville and Walsh on 24 November 6.30pm at The Cube, London

So, it's November and NaNoWriMo is in full swing.  For those of you unaware what NaNoWriMo is, it stands for National Novel Writing Month and it happens each November when writers can choose to sign themselves up for the challenge of writing 50k words in a month.  This averages out at 1667 words a day and it sounds easier than it actually is. 

This is my fifth NaNo and I have yet to make it to 50k, the closest I have ever got is 42k (so close, but no cigar as they say).

This year I am working on a supernatural fantasy and at the moment I am on target at 15277 words (not counting today's as I haven't written them yet).  I find I falter at week three when I am back at work full time and I struggle to fit it in, we will see whether this year will be any different.  Fingers crossed.

If any of you, my lovely followers, are participating in NaNoWriMo this year I would love to hear how you are getting along, maybe we could even find each other on the site to give each other some encouragement to make it to the end.  To help with that, here is the latest London Writers' Club Live information, including details of an upcoming event with Agent Carrie Plitt of Conville and Walsh on 24 November and some tips (8 to get you through the month) on NaNoWriMo:


 
 
 
London Writers' Club
 
helping writers connect with agents & publishers
 
 

 

 
November 2015
 
 
Join us on November 24 for our next London Writers' Club live event with agent  Carrie Plitt of Conville and Walsh . 
 


 
When: 24 November 6.30-8.30pm
 
Where: The Cube, Studio 5,  155 Commercial Street,  London E1 6BJ (nearest station is Shoreditch High St.)
 
 
Advance tickets: £20 for event plus a free copy of Write a Bestseller by Jacq Burns


undefined

 
Carrie Plitt says:
 
The thing I enjoy most about my job is the process of guiding a book from first draft to final version, and I love working closely with authors and their work. I'm looking for debut authors, but I'm also dedicated to representing my clients throughout their careers
 
 
 
End in the middle of a senten...
 
How many of you are Nanowrimo-ing this month? 8 top tips to help you get through the month.  Read here.
 


 
 
 
 
 
Book now for November's event with agent, Carrie Plitt of Conville and Walsh
 
When
 
Tuesday, 24 November
6.30-8.30pm
speaker will start at  6.45pm 
 
Where
 
The Cube, 155 Commercial Street, E1 6BJ (nearest station, Shoreditch High St.)
 
What
 
Spend an evening in the company of a literary agency PLUS a chance to pitch your book one to one.
 
 
Members: free 
 
£20 for non-members for event plus a free copy of Write a Bestseller by Jacq Burns
 
undefined
 
Why? 
 
'Informative, insightful and fun. I would recommend any aspiring writer to pop along'  Mark Morris, Speechwriter for NATO Secretary General.
 
 
 
 
 
Quick Links
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Stay Connected

Like us on Facebook  Follow us on Twitter     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment