Thursday 17 July 2014

Free weekend of Arts & Culture for all, 18 July, 23 July and 2 August

Today I attended Creative Thursday as part of the Theakstons Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival and what an informative, lively and enjoyable day it was.  I will be writing a review blog post early next week when I have had time to transcribe my notes.  I am attending the full Festival this year as I enjoyed last year so much and I will be posting reviews on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday events that I attend as part of my Weekend Rover ticket, but as I will be in the thick of it, so to speak, I will leave my reviews until I have attended the full Festival. 

I have come home with lots of ideas of where to go with my crime novel next and am bursting with new plot twists and new-found knowledge of crime scenes from the point of view of the police officers first on the scene.  More to follow.

Meanwhile, thanks to Alex Chisholm at the WYPH for the following information that I thought my followers would be interested in seeing:


 
 
 
                                          
 
 
 
Box Office: 0113 213 7700

 

Leeds Fun Palace 2014
A weekend of FREE arts and culture for all to enjoy
 
 
 
Leeds Fun Palace is part of Fun Palaces 2014, a free nationwide celebration of arts, culture
and sciences.It all kicks off in Leeds with Light Night on Friday 3 October, continuing through Saturday 4 & Sunday 5 October.
 
 
 
Interplay, West Yorkshire Playhouse and The Tetley are hosting 3 meetings to talk about, imagine and decide what Leeds Fun Palace will be. If you have something to share; a skill, a dream, a show, a craft or are just curious to know more, come along. 
 
Interplay, Friday 18 July 4-6pm
Armley Ridge Rd, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS12 3LE
 
West Yorkshire Playhouse, 23 July 5-6pm
Followed by regional Fun Palaces Launch 6-8pm
Playhouse Square Quarry Hill Leeds LS2 7UP
The Fun Palaces team, including Stella Duffy and Sarah-Jane Rawlings, will be rocking up to the Playhouse at 6pm to share all things Fun Palace.
 
The Tetley Saturday 2 August 12-2pm
Hunslet Rd, Leeds LS10 1JQ
 
Children welcome at all meetings, though you’ll need to supervise them. There is a free family art workshop at The Tetley until 3pm, again children very welcome as long as they're supervised. Food and drink available to buy at the Playhouse and The Tetley.
 
Any questions contact Alex Chisholm on 07770405627 or amcchisholm@gmail.com
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment