Dead Ink is a digital-only, connected reading community and E-Publisher supported by Arts Council England bringing literary writing to an anti-literary audience.
We are now accepting submissions between 5,000 and 30,000 words in length to be published as short ebooks. We are looking for literary works of fiction and creative non-fiction of the highest quality.
The deadline for submissions is 15/04/13 and the following guidelines must be adhered to:
- Work submitted must not have been published anywhere previously (personal blogs included).
- You must posses the rights to all work submitted.
- Successful applicants will be expected to engage in a one-to-one editorial process with Dead Ink’s Publishing Manager to prepare the manuscript for publication pending approval by the Publishing Director.
- Publishing contracts will be discussed with the successful authors on a one-to-one basis.
- We encourage everyone submitting work to familiarise themselves with the books previously published by Dead Ink. It’s not just good work we’re looking for, but a particular approach to and style of contemporary literature.
- Please only submit one piece of writing per author.
- Enter ‘Dead Ink Singles’ into the subject line of your email.
To submit, please send a brief bio of your writing, a short synopsis of the piece and the work itself attached as a pdf or Word document to the Publishing Editor Nathan Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not heard from us by 15/05/13 then please assume that your work has not been selected for publication.