Wednesday 20 March 2013

Competitions entered and Boroughs 2013 Novella Contest deadline 31 May

Yesterday I entered three competitions.  I entered the Hebden Shorts competition with my short play 'Bottle,' the Arvon made-up word competition with my poem 'A room full of shmuggles' (anyone want to hazard a guess what a shmuggle might be?) and the Writers & Artists flash fiction 'alienation/quest for belonging' competition with my flash fiction 'Adrift' - full details of the Writers & Artists competition can be found on my previous post (18/3/13) as there are still a few days left to enter.  Fingers crossed that one or all of them are successful.

Speaking of competitions, I have been emailed the following information from the Boroughs Publishing Group:

BOROUGHS 2013 NOVELLA CONTEST

Has the title of a song ever inspired you to write? We’re betting it has…and that you can take that title and make it your own.

We invite you to submit your 25,000-40,000 word, completed novella based on the title of a song – any song – that you adopt as the title of your story to: Submissions@BoroughsPublishingGroup.com no later than May 31st 2013.

For all the details go to: http://www.boroughspublishinggroup.com/about/enews/february-2013-e-newsletter


 

No comments:

Post a Comment