Monday 30 January 2017

Writing competitions and script editor job

With my writing resolutions in mind, I thought I would share with you my current list of writing competitions I am hoping to enter (with thanks to my fellow blogger Blog About Writing and fellow writer Paula Redman for some of the details).


Closing 31st Jan 2017 - Tamworth Writing Competition (linked to Tamworth Literary Festival)

This short story competition is only open to those who are ‘not yet published’ so if you’re worried about entering competitions where you might be up against the ‘big boys’ (and girls), take a look. The prizes aren’t huge (£100 first prize) and it costs £4 to enter but writing competitions that cater for new writers are few and far between, so it may be worth a punt if you fall into that category.

The theme is open in as much as you can write any kind of story but it must feature a real Tamworth building or address (eg: the Castle – but I suspect many people will choose that. There’s also a Snowdome! And a McDonald's. I know that because I worked there once, when I was a student).


This is FREE to enter, you don’t have to be a UK resident, there’s no theme and all you have to do is submit a short story (for adults) of no more than 2,000 words.’

Don’t forget to register with the website too. You must do that in order to be eligible to enter.

Bear in mind that winners from the last few years have all been literary and ‘different’, so, my advice would be, you can really let your imagination run wild with this one! Anything goes and I would say, the wackier, the better.


Back for the seventh year, this ‘drabble’ competition (ie: 100 words exactly) has a £2000 first prize and 2 x £200 runners-up prizes, is free to enter and you can enter as many times as you like. But you must be a resident of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Republic of Ireland.


Also, there is a script editor position for Emmerdale, ITV:

https://itv.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=1600021J&lang=en

No comments:

Post a Comment