Saturday 23 June 2012

Yorkshire Life July 2012 edition

Well, the article on the Cleckheaton Writers Group is in the Yorkshire Life that's on sale now.  We are mentioned on page 130, but the article starts on page 128 (thought I'd let you know this so you know where to find it when you buy a copy:).  www.yorkshire.greatbritishlife.co.uk

My husband and I went to The White Hart at Pool-in-Wharfedale last night for our wedding anniversary (19 years if you can believe that) and we had the most delicious meal.  I had crayfish tail salad with mango, avacado and pomegranate and he had whitebait to start.  I had the most delicious dish I have ever had for my main course - scallops with butternut squash puree and black pudding - it was absolutely amazing and looked like a work of art on a plate.  He had Seabass with a crayfish and crab risotto and then we both had summer fruits and bilberry eton mess for dessert.  To accompany this, we had a yummy bottle of Paco and Lola white wine, which was on offer at half price because we had picked from the specials menu (this is a Friday night offer, other offers are available for Wednesdays and Thursdays) - so good, we took a picture of the label so we can buy it again.  If you are ever near Pool-in-Wharfedale and are feeling peckish, you won't be disappointed if you eat there, trust me.  In fact, make a special journey just to do so.  www.thewhitehartpool.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment