Thursday 3 May 2012

Master at Arms

Was able to go back to helping out at Master at Arms last night as my shingles have cleared up, therefore I am no longer contagious (long story, my son had chicken pox on holiday, you can guess the rest) and can volunteer once more.  We are on week 7 of the 9 week course which is run voluntarily through the scouting movement.  We have a mixture of two troops at the moment and it is particularly nice for me because one of the pupils is my friend's son.  They have all really come on whilst I have been away and they had a go at pistol shooting last night, as opposed to rifles and they realised how much harder it is.  Not only were they standing up, but the length and no support makes it harder to aim, but they all did really well.  Most were gearing up for the Big Camp this weekend and no doubt they will all still be tired when we see them next week (including some of the intructors probably as a couple are leaders).  Just in case you are wondering, my best target of the night was a ten shot one that had all in the 8, 9 and 10s.

No comments:

Post a Comment