Monday 19 March 2012

WRITING MAGAZINE COMPETITION WIN

I don't know if you remember me posting that I had entered a 'How to Write a Children's Picture Book' Competition which appeared in the Writers' News Writing Magazine (deadline 5 March 2012)?  Well, I just received a congratulations letter informing me that I have won this competition.  My prize is a copy of 'How to Write a Children's Picture Book and Get it Published' by Andrea Shavick and my entry will be published in a future edition of Writing Magazine (my guess would be the May edition).  The competition was to write a story about bedtime in no more than 250 words which would be suitable for a children's picture book and I sent in my story 'No Bear For Bedtime.'  I am so very pleased and happy to have won and cannot wait to see my story published in the magazine.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent news, congratulations! The first of many I predict :)

    ReplyDelete