Friday 30 March 2012

COMPETITIONS

Today I have entered two writing competitions as their deadlines are whilst I will be in Tenerife.  The first one is the Final Chapters competition where I have sent my two poems 'Obsidian' and 'Song of Memories.'  The second is the undiscovered@novelicious competition for an unpublished chick-lit novel by sending them the first 3,000 words of my romantic comedy 'Death of a Rockstar.'  This is the novel that I wrote as part of the last NaNoWriMo challenge, with editing of course.  Fingers crossed that I hear back from one/both of them.

I am still chugging away at my YA fantasy novel 'Thorde: The keeper of the Trysk' for the Strange Chemistry competition (deadline 16-30 April).  I still have to finish (has to be between 60-90,000 words) and edit it before this date and I also have to write a brief biography of the main characters, a brief biography for myself, a paragraph or two about my intentions/inspiration and a one-sentence summary of the novel.  I think this will give me plenty to ruminate over whilst I am sunning myself on those beaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment