Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Anna Chilvers Workshops

 Here are details of upcoming Anna Chilvers writing workshops:

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to let you know about three in-person workshops I'm running in September and October at Hebden Bridge Town Hall. 

In these workshops we will look at beginnings, middles and endings thematically as well as structurally. We will discuss how to begin, continue or finish a writing project, whether that be a poem, a short story, an essay or a novel, and we will create new writing. The workshops are suitable for all writers, beginners or those with more experience. 

Tuesday 8 September - Beginnings

Tuesday 29 September - Middles

Tuesday 20 October – Endings


£20 each or £50 all three

You can book with me directly, or through eventbrite here

Best wishes

Anna


--

Anna Chilvers
Orca and Bird (2025)
The Book of Bogs (ed) (2025)
East Coast Road, Tainted Love, Legging It, Falling Through Clouds  


Hi everyone,

I hope you’ve had a brilliant summer. I’m just getting in touch to let you know about the courses, workshops and retreat that I’m running this autumn. I’ve included information about them all below, so I apologise about the really long email. I’m also including  a quick list here. 

  • 19 August - Writing Bogwise Workshop (online)
  • 8 September -  Creative Writing Workshop: Beginnings (Hebden Bridge Town Hall)
  • 16 September -  Writing Bogwise Workshop (online)
  • 22 September -  Write as you mean to go on (first of 12) (online)
  • 24 September -   Thursday Writing Group (first of 12) (online)
  • 26 September -  Harvest Moon Writing Day (Hebden Bridge Town Hall)
  • 29 September -  Creative Writing Workshop: Middles (Hebden Bridge Town Hall)
  • 20 October -  Creative Writing Workshop: Endings (Hebden Bridge Town Hall)
  • 21 October - Writing Bogwise Workshop (online)
  • 2 November -  Into the Woods (first of 6) (online)
  • 3 November -  The Short Story: Reading and Writing (first of 6) (Hebden Bridge Town Hall)
  • 20-22 November - Bogtime: Retreat into Writing (Cober Hill, Scarborough) 

If you’d like to book places on any of these, most of them can be found on my eventbrite here, but you can also book directly with me, so please get in touch if you’d prefer to do it that way.

I look forward to seeing you in the autumn.

Best wishes

Anna  


Hi everyone

Our next Reading Bogwise event will take place on Wednesday 26th August at 7pm, and will feature Jen Jones, soil scientist and nature writer.

Jen has a passion for peat bogs ever since she saw peat being cored in the south Pennines. Jen says "As a scientist I wrote many academic papers, but am a little relieved at leaving that behind": having completed her MA in Nature & Travel Writing, she is now primarily a writer of creative non-fiction. Jen is a regular writer for the Guardian Country Diary, and has published in several anthologies including "Under the Changing Skies: the best of the Guardian's Country Diary 2018-2024". She was shortlisted for the Nan Shepherd Prize, and her book about soil will be published by Bloomsbury next year. Jen has also written two children's books about the natural world.

Tickets are £5, or free to paying subscribers of Anna and Clare's substack b(l)og at blogsandbogs.substack.com

Hope you can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment