Monday 18 November 2013

Poetry submissions wanted at Emma Press

How are all my followers doing that are undertaking the NaNoWriMo challenge?

I am currently just ahead of the 30k words I should have at this point and I surprised myself by managing to fit in 1,173 words today.  This is a bit down on the 1,667 I should have written, but an achievement none-the-less as this is traditionally the week that I bow out of the challenge because work and life get in the way.  Here's hoping that this year will be different.

Thanks to my fellow blogger Sally Jenkins for the following information:


Here's something for those of you who are not neck deep in NaNoWriMo.

Emma Wright from the Emma Press has been in touch to tell me that they are currently looking for poetry submissions.

They would like poems on the following subjects:

·         Best friends (female) - closing date 16th December 2013

·         Motherhood/Fatherhood - closing date 16th December 2013

·         Homesickness and exile - closing 5th January 2014

For those who are successful, there is a one-off payment of £20 per poet.
The website contains a lot more information about the type of poem that is required and how to submit.  It's well worth a look - it might trigger those writing juices. Full details can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment