Friday 30 November 2012

Book Launch and NaNoWriMo

Anna Turner, also known as Anna Chilvers, has emailed me to let me know about her Book Launch and Reading from her new collection of short stories Legging It. It will be at Hebden Bridge Library on Monday 17 December at 7pm.


NaNoWriMo

Well, yet again I have attempted this challenge and only made it to 32.5K words.  I had my computer die on me last year at the same time as I lost focus this year.  First it was because I had a full week of work, so got behind and then I was beavering away editing Thorde: The Keeper of the Trysk so that I could enter it into the Macmillan Write Now! competition with a deadline of 1 December.  I do not feel that I have failed, as I have quite a chunky manuscript to work on and I have entered Thorde into one competition and my children's bedtime story 'No Bear for Bedtime' into another.  I am looking at it in terms of writing done and at over 60K, Thorde is over and above the word count needed for NaNo.  To all those who have managed 50K this month, well done and I wish you well with the editing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment