Wednesday 25 April 2012

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Went with my Mum to the cinema today to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and I loved it.  It is aimed firmly at the 'grey pound' (as mentioned in the film) and I can see that it will be very popular with its target audience, but I really liked it too and I think it has the potential to reach far more than just the older viewer.  The characters played by some of our best actors were excellently written and it had a very British film feel to it, which is fantastic considering the current economic climate.  Judi Dench and Maggie Smith were outstanding (as always) and I also felt Bill Nighy, Dev Patel and Tom Wilkinson were fabulous too, but that Celia Imrie was somewhat underused.  I was really engaged by the characters and felt immersed in the sights and sounds of India.  I laughed out loud at some of the situations and one-liners and I loved accompanying these 'elderly and beautiful' characters on their journey.  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment