Friday 9 December 2011

CHRISTMAS MEAL

I went to my first Christmas lunch today with the girls (Sarah, Claire, Bev, Andrea, Aj, Jacky, Marion, my Mum and her friend Vera) and it was delicious.  We went to the Sun Inn at Lightcliffe and I had tempura prawns to start, honey-glazed ham with yorkshire pudding, pig in blanket and seasonal vegetables for main and chocolate tart with a mandarin sauce for dessert.  Yum.  This comes after going to the Flying Pizza for my birthday yesterday and having mozarella, aubergine, courgette and pepper salad with a balsamic vinegar dressing for starter, veal cooked in brandy cream and mustard sauce with potatoes cooked with bacon and onion and fried zucchini for main and pistacchio ice-cream for dessert - it is a wonder I can still fit in my clothes!  Tomorrow it's Meze for my girls birthday meal out - it's a bad job, but someones got to do it :)

Lucas sang very well in his Christmas concert last night (we could still hear him although he was trying to hide behind his hymn sheet and yawns!) and all the Grandma's and Grandad's really enjoyed the evening.  I had a lovely cadbury chocolate cake (with candles on for me to blow out) for my birthday when we got back (anyone noticed a theme here?).

Going to M&S this weekend to get my Christmas Day party food while the 3 for 2 offer is still on and going to Currys and Comet with my Mum as she is looking at appliances before her house move - I hope that the shops aren't too mad with shoppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment