Wednesday 12 September 2012

Sunny day in Haworth

On Sunday we went to Haworth for a lovely walk in the sunshine through this gorgeous village, the heart of Bronte country.  We had a leisurely stroll through the cobbled main street, stopping off for a cream tea along the way, wandering through the graveyard of the historic church, before ending up at the Museum.  We were very lucky with the weather, but not so much with the church which was covered in scaffolding and therefore closed to entrants.  I purchased 'Agnes Grey' by Anne Bronte from the Museum shop and I am looking forward to reading it.  I recently visited Anne's grave in Scarborough (she had tb and had gone to the coast for the 'medicinal air' to alleviate her symptoms) on my way to taking the children to the Castle, so was aware that she did not share the crypt in Haworth Church with her other family members.  Anne was the youngest of the three siblings and sadly died aged 29 in Scarborough where she had spent many summer vacations.

We are so lucky to have such fantastic literary history within our gorgeous Yorkshire countryside and I thought I would share some of my photographs with my followers:







No comments:

Post a Comment