Monday 31 August 2015

Scouting for Girls gig and Lego Club



My son Lucas ran his FREE Lego Club at Cleckheaton Library again on Saturday and here are just a few of the photographs:



Why not come along and join in the fun, Lego Club runs every Saturday 11-1pm at Cleckheaton Library (adults welcome too).










Last night we all went to the Scarborough Open Air Theatre to watch Scouting for Girls who were amazing.  They were supported by Only the Young, Frazer (who my daughter and I met when we got a signed copy of their CD) and The Hoosiers.



Only the Young performed quite a few cover versions, but their own songs when they played them were very good.  All my family really enjoyed Frazer and think that they are ones to watch.  A young 5 piece male band from Sheffield, they were very friendly and worked the crowd better than The Hoosiers.





Scouting for Girls were the best though, and although my husband and I recently saw them in Leeds when they supported Madness, we enjoyed the slightly altered set just as much.  We had some fantastic seats in red block and danced to all the hits, including my favourite Posh Girls, my sons favourite I Wish I Was James Bond, This Aint A Love Song, She's So Lovely, It's Not About You, Millionaire and many more (in particular a rousing rendition of Bon Jovi's iconic Living On a Prayer).




The weather was kind and the rain held off, so a fantastic night was had by all.

#ScoutingForGirls  #Frazer  #OnlyTheYoung  #The Hoosiers

No comments:

Post a Comment