Sunday 9 December 2012

Birthday Bliss

It was my birthday yesterday and I have enjoyed a lovely birthday weekend.  First, on Friday night the girls and I went into Leeds to Las Iguanas where we enjoyed the Christmas menu and cocktails.  I had the Festive Funghi Quesadilla which contained brie, mushroom and truffle then the Extraordinary Xmas Xinxim which is a brazilian crayfish, chicken, peanut and lime dish and then finished with Caipirinha Present which was a sponge laced with cachaca.  It was all delicious and they were kind enough to supply me with a free birthday cocktail and main course.  So good, we are going again with friends on New Years Eve.

On Saturday after a fun family trip ten-pin bowling (I won the second game), my husband took me to The White Hart at Pool and we enjoyed a delicious meal.  I started with the scallops and pancetti which were so perfect they melted in my mouth.  I then enjoyed the fillet steak with fondant potato, enoki mushroom gratin & veal jus and finished off with a pudding from the specials board - meringue with greek yogurt and honey, bilberries, sesame seeds, cranberries, apricots, strawberry and raspberries - amazing.

I got some lovely presents including some gorgeoous jewellery, cds, books, wine, chocolates and a fabulous galaxy pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment